[APNFD Nr. 15] Something for All to Ponder and to Ignite a Global Peace Offensive Coupled to a Nuclear Weapons Disarmament Offensive3
November 11, 2016 by Alfred
This is an Argentum Post News Flash Digest (APFND) Nr. 15
Global Research has just published an article titled “U.S. Day of Reckoning ?” / Thoughts About US Foreign Policy.
The author is William Blum, and the date of publication is, November 6, 2016.
William Blum is an American author, historian, and critic of United States foreign policy. He also worked at the United States Department of State.
The tactical synopsis, which requires one to first kick back, chill, have martini or something of that nature, so as to take it in with due philosophical detachment, is as follows :
Since the end of World War 2, the United States has:
- Attempted to overthrow more than 50 foreign governments, most of which were democratically elected.
- Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries.
- Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders.
- Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 countries.
- Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30 countries.*
- Plus … although not easily quantified … has been more involved in the practice of torture than any other country in the world … for over a century … not just performing the actual torture, but teaching it, providing the manuals, and furnishing the equipment.
*See chapter 18 of William Blum, “Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower”
It is never too late for the sapient, humanist, rationalist, peace aspiring people’s of the world to unite with the IT tool and create a world-wide coalition which will work constructively from the bottom up to end the insanity of military interventions, and of the existence of nuclear arsenals which must be repudiated and done away with once for all.
It is never too late to realize the quest that we who are truly humanistic, cannot look at ourselves in the mirror and respect ourselves if we cannot stop succumbing to the temptation of seeing ourselves dumbed down by the cultural programmation of the “deep state” that right must “fight” left, or left must “fight” right.
Almost ALL of us in the planet have a survival instinct which must be activated now, and that must be done organizedly, intelligently, and peacefully.
The “if” must be deleted from that aphorism “if there is a will, there is a way” since it is obvious that the “will” is universally there.
*Um dos melhores artigos que li em seu blog; escrito sem a sofisticação e erudição, que lhe são características. Certamente esta forma mais popular e direta atingirá um maior público, com certeza. Os parágrafos foram de alguma forma, sintetizados e escritos e temperados levemente com um humor que o autor dispõe; considerando, esta, uma impressão estritamente pessoal. Excelente.
Muito obrigado pelo lisonjeante comentário, caro leitor. O aprovei para publicação, pois depois dos EUA, Alemanha, e Mexico, o maior numero de meus leitores vivem no Brasil.
Beautiful! Bravo! Thank you!